Dr. Jessica L. Buck Murphy, Associate Professor in the Department of Technology, College of Science, Engineering, and Technology, was elected as Director of Region 2, member of the Board of Directors of Epsilon Pi Tau Technology Honor Society. Her three year term began July 1, 2014 and will end on June 30, 2017.
As an academic and professional honor society Epsilon Pi Tau:
- Encourages academic excellence of students in fields devoted to the general study of technology and the preparation of practitioners for the technology professions. It recognizes and provides services to students in degree and certificate programs in accredited higher education institutions offering from associate through doctoral degree programs.
- Recognizes and advances the work of faculty and administrative leaders in higher education academic fields and programs for the general study of technology and programs devoted to career preparation for specific fields in the technology professions.
- Recognizes and advances the professional work of practitioners in the technology professions.
- Fosters, encourages, and recognizes individuals throughout society to develop and act upon interests in the phenomenon of technology in society and/or support of the technology professions and its organizations.
- Provides services that contribute to the career advancement of its members and a program that recognizes such advancement through members’ entire careers and beyond.
In Region 2, Murphy will oversee chapter operations in the following southeastern states: Ala., Fla., Ga., Ky., Miss., N.C., S.C., Tenn., and Va.