JSU conducted its hooding ceremony for exemplary doctoral scholars on Thursday, Dec. 7, in the Rose E. McCoy Auditorium.
For the first time, a separate celebration was observed for JSU doctoral candidates.
The honorees also participated in a combined ceremony with undergraduates and other higher-level graduates on Friday, Dec. 8, in the Lee E. Williams Athletics and Assembly Center.
Dr. Darcie Bishop, associate dean of the Division of Graduate Studies, presided over the ceremony.
Recipients represented five colleges and a school:
- College of Business: Dr. Sheila R. Porterfield, interim dean
- College of Liberal Arts: Dr. Mario J. Azevedo, dean
- College of Education and Human Development: Dr. Daniel Watkins, dean
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology: Dr. Richard A. Aló, dean
- College of Public Service: Dr. Ricardo A. Brown, dean
- School of Public Health: Dr. Mohammad Shahbazi, interim dean