To enhance overall performance, functional efficiencies and achieve the strategic goals envisioned for JSU’s Division of Academic Affairs, Provost Dr. Lynda Brown-Wright announces the following changes:
1. The creation of a new College of Health Sciences, which at its inception will consist of two independently accredited entities, namely:
- The School of Public Health, and
- The School of Social Work (reassigned from the College of Public Service)
2. The dissolution of the College of Public Service, and reassignment of its academic programs as follows:
- The Department of Urban and Regional Planning will move to the College of Science, Engineering and Technology (CSET)
- The Department of Public Policy and Administration will move to the College of Liberal Arts (COLA)
These changes are pending approval by the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL). After acceptance, academic colleges will reduce from six to five. The respective deans will work with the provost and the Division of Academic Affairs to ensure a smooth transition for those impacted as all continue to work toward providing the highest quality academic programming and support to JSU’s most vital stakeholders – the students.