Recently, the collaborative efforts between University Academic Advisement Center and Enrollment Management conducted a launch for Online New Student Orientation (ONSO) web page. Each newly admitted student is required to complete all nine modules of the ONSO.
“Our Online New Student Orientation provides important information that will help our new incoming students begin their successful academic experience at Jackson State University,” says Cheryl Pollard, associate vice president for Enrollment Management.”Once students arrive on campus in August, during Welcome Week we will circle back and facilitate a deeper dive of the most critical ONSO topics. Topics include Academics at JSU, Financial Aid, Safe, Healthy and Happy Living at JSU.”
Student can expect to attain new information from the Online New Student Orientation including:
- Jackson State University’s history, mission, vision, and purpose
- Jackson State’s policies that impact your student experience
- On-campus resources to holistically support your transition into Jackson State University
- Important offices on campus that will provide support to your success at Jackson State University
- Articulate the role of your academic advisor
- Understand how we will register you for classes
- Prepare you for Welcome Week, Move-in Day, and University Success Course
“This will be our first ever fully online new student orientation and we are working nonstop to ensure our new incoming students receive all the information they need to begin their successful journey at Thee I Love. It’s exciting! We are considering ways to plan interactive opportunities that new students expect in order to create community,” says Pollard.
You can get information on the webpage here: http://www.jsums.edu/orientation/.